Delaware Technical Community College Administrative Policy Site
Delaware Technical Community College’s Administrative Policy site is comprised of College policies that support the College’s mission by establishing clear and well understood standards for individual conduct, clarifying institutional expectations, promoting compliance with law, mitigating risk, and supporting productivity. All faculty, staff, students, and visitors to campus are expected to comply with College policies. College policies shall be kept current, and shall be made available in a timely manner. All College policies shall be developed, approved and published in accordance with the standards outlined in the Policy on Policies.
Steps to create or revise a policy.
- Review Policy on Policies document.
- Draft the proposed policy (or policy update) using the policy template (.docx).
- After review and input, the policy owner shall submit the final draft of the proposed policy to the Office of General Counsel (Legal Affairs Services Request) for final review prior to submission for approval by the President.
- Once reviewed by the Office of General Counsel submit the final document to the President’s Office.
- Once approved by the President, submit the policy to the College’s Policy Administrator for publication on the Policies website. Prior to submission, please consult with the appropriate Office of the President department(s) (academic affairs, human resources, finance, or workforce development) to determine if the policy should also be included in the college catalog, non-credit policy guide, student handbook, or personnel policy manual.